This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2
freek Posted: Wed, Oct 18 2006 3:41 PM

I am recieving this error:

Error Rendering Control - Header1

An unhandled exception occurred. 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am using the control in a user control called header1.  then i put header1 into a masterpage and build index.aspx from the masterpage.

i am using v1.4 of thwc, vs 2005 and xp pro.

when i view the user control itself, or in my index.aspx page built from the masterpage,  the menu says "load the page in a browser to view output."  but when i view the masterpage, the menu control displays that error.

when i used v1.3 and vs2003, if i put the menu into a user control, the control would render as a menu when you viewed the page containing the user control in vs.

i hope this isn't too confusing.  also when i try to change the menu source in the property box i get: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.  but i can change the property in the page source.

thanks for any help.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 592
Humpty replied on Thu, Oct 19 2006 3:40 PM
Right now the web controls still aren't designed to be used with Visual Studio 2005 so this is probably why you see the error.  I'll have to look into this and release a fix.
Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 2
freek replied on Thu, Oct 19 2006 10:37 PM
thanks for the fast reply, i will poke around in the code a bit as well, but i don't know too much about c#...
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS